Babies need a lot of things when travelling. There seems to be no getting away with it however long the journey. To make this a little simpler at this peak time of year for holidays, we’ve put together a checklist of some items that we think will make your travelling experience a little less stressful.
- Nappies – account for one every hour, but take a few extras just in case if delay
- Baby wipes
- Nappy rash cream
- Nappy bags – preferably fragranced if you have to keep them in the car for any amount of time
- Changing mat – either travel version or disposable
- Spare clothes – account for 1-2 outfits per day plus a couple of extras in case of nappy emergency and plenty of baby sleeping bags.
- Hand sanitiser
- Dummies (if your baby uses one) and spares – they seem to be an easy thing to misplace
- Baby’s favourite toy/comforter
- Bibs and muslin squares
- Baby wash/baby lotion
- Bottles/sippy cups/bottle cooler/bottle warmer/bottle steriliser
- Formula (if using) or breast pump
- Feeding utensils if baby is on solids and storage containers for food
- Infant paracetamol and measuring spoon/syringe for administering
- Baby carrier
- Fold down stroller
- A comfortable place for baby to sleep such as our baby nests.
- Camera, batteries and spare memory card for capturing those priceless memories
The list could go on, but we feel these are the essentials that you don’t want to forget. Wherever you go, and however you travel just make sure you take regular breaks if possible and don’t miss out on a second with your precious one.
Happy Holidays….. from the purflo team